Services[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_divider admin_label=”Divider” color=”#ffffff” show_divider=”off” divider_style=”solid” divider_position=”top” hide_on_mobile=”on”] [/et_pb_divider][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
You may also want to look at our Policies page here.
Getting a Library Card
FREE library service is available to any resident of Pennsylvania.
- Identification is required.
- Children must have a parent or guardian sign the membership card in order to borrow books.
Using Your Library Card
You will be able to borrow from and return to all libraries in Allegheny County, including the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Members of the Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA) share a variety of resources, including online research/databases and e-Audio and e-Video services. Please ask staff what resources are available and we would be happy to show you. You may check out as many materials as you need.
- Most items circulate for three weeks.
Returning Library Materials
- A book drop is available 24/7 beside the library entrance.
- Materials may be borrowed from and returned to any library.
- Going on vacation? We may be able to extend the due date on the material you check out.
Renewing Library Materials
You may renew library materials in the following ways:
- In person
- Online at My Account Online
- Automated Telephone Renewal: 1-412-622-1895
- Call South Fayette Township Library or any Allegheny County library
Extended Use Fees:
- 25 cents/day–All audio-visual materials
- 10 cents/day–All printed materials
- A $5.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of books & media
Internet Access & Printing
PCs- Internet access is free. We have 12 Windows 7 public access computers available for use during our regular business hours. The library PCs have Word, Publisher, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access software programs installed on them. Wi-fi is available for free with enabled devices Computer Prints- a photocopy machine and a printer are available for use at the rate of 15 cents per page for black and white, 50 cents per page for color.
Please ask a staff member for assistance with wireless printing.
Faxes may be sent or received within the United States for 15 cents per page.
Librarians are available for short answer reference questions via phone or e-mail. Also, Reference Librarians are always available in the library to help you.
There is a meeting room adjacent to the library that is managed by the township. You may use the meeting room when you are in the library if it is available. You can also reserve the room through the township by calling (412) 221-8700.
Rates for other services at the library:
- 15 cents for a black/white print from one of our computers.
- 50 cents for a color print from one of our computers.
- 15 cents for a black/white copy made at the copier machine.
- 50 cents for a color copy made at the copier machine.
- 15 cents per page when using our fax machine. However, sending a cover page is free.