June 6, 2020
Dear South Fayette Library Community,
As of Friday, June 5, Allegheny County is now in the “green phase.” This is what you need to know right now about the South Fayette Township Library:
- The library building IS NOT open to the public. We are awaiting further guidance from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries to adopt a phased-in approach for in-person library services. Staff are returning and preparing the building and their workspace to abide by federal, state, and local health guidelines. We will be offering help by phone at 412.257.8660, e-mail at email@example.com, and LiveChat available on our website, southfayettelibrary.org. These services are currently available Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Curbside Pickup Service will be available starting Monday, June 15 by appointment, Monday through Thursday. Contact the library for more information.
- We are accepting returns. The outdoor book drop is available 24/7; all returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours. Please do not place oversized items in or outside of the book drop; we will begin to accept these items when curbside pickup begins.
- Online requests and delivery are not available at this time. Both the ability to request physical items through our online catalog and the delivery of physical items to our library remain temporarily unavailable. We will provide updates when the county is able to restore these services.
- We are not accepting book donations.
- Virtual volunteer opportunities are available for teens. We are not scheduling in-person volunteers at this time.
- All Allegheny County library cards have been renewed to December 31, 2020. Due dates for all library items will be changed to July 1, 2020.
- At the moment, we are only offering virtual programs. We will announce our Summer Reading program and any other events through our library newsletter (subscribe here), and the South Fayette Township Library Facebook page. Visit the library’s YouTube Channel for playlists which include all of our virtual programs.
Please check back for further updates about the official date for our phased reopening of the building and in-person library services. All plans are dependent on a variety of factors and, as such, are subject to change. We appreciate your patience, kindness, and support, and look forward to safely serving you soon.