September is Love Your Library Month!
The goal of this county-wide initiative is to raise money and awareness of the importance of local libraries. Thanks to the generosity of the Jack Buncher Foundation, all funds raised – including ticket sales – during September 2021 are eligible for a pro-rated match.
Monetary gifts to the library allow us to fund programs like Story Time Chess and our award-winning teen volunteer program, and to purchase new library materials. But that is only one way to show your love. Read on, for more ideas…
10 Ways to Love Your Library
- Get a library card! It is super easy — you can even sign up for one online.
- Follow and like us on social media. This is a great way to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings at the library and signing up for library e-news will get you the latest information delivered straight to your inbox.
- Participate in the One Book, One Community program. South Fayette’s inaugural community read is The Midnight Library, by Matt Haig. Read the book, join the conversation!
- Join the Friends of the Library. This group of volunteers supports the library with financial gifts and volunteer time. They are looking for new members and new Board members.
- Visit the library The library is open for browsing and limited computer use, and you can always kick back and relax on the renovated patio (Wi-fi is available).
- Check out a book. Or a movie. Better yet, check out several!
- Explore our eBook and eReference collections.
- Watch a virtual program on our YouTube channel. We have a wide array of children, teens, and adult programs available.
- Take your favorite little one to our StoryWalk® behind the South Fayette High School.
- Make an honor/memorial gift to celebrate, honor, or remember a loved one and create a lasting tribute in their name.