With gyms and yoga studios closed due to COVID-19, people are trying to find new ways to stay active during this time and trying to workout at home.
There are a number of a lot of people posting workout videos on social media. It is helpful to take a look at their background to make sure they have prior teaching experience. Checkout these available workouts on Hoopla and some from local fitness studios!
Workouts available on Hoopla:
- Kids Yoga Collection: Contains movies, eBooks and exercise videos. Be sure to check out: Sensory Yoga for Kids & Yoga for Kids: Outer Space Blastoff
- Bonus Borrows Collection – At Home Fitness: A collection of items that don’t count toward your checkout limit. Be sure to check out My Yoga: Who Needs Coffee & Jillian Michaels 10 Minute Body.
- TV – Health & Fitness: Collection of videos on Hoopla for Health & Fitness.
– Want a full body workout? Check out: Gaiam Cardio Burn Sculpt
– Runners check out: Yoga for Runners.
– Want a challenge? Check out: Crunch Live: Hardcore Cardio – Season 1.
Local gyms and fitness studios are offering virtual classes on their websites or social media sites. Some places are asking for donations, but at a lot of places, you can still access the classes if you are unable to donate.
Here are a few local places offering free virtual classes:
- Hott Spot Extreme Wellness: Live classes on Facebook & Instagram.
- Bend the Bridge Yoga: Donation-based online yoga. Need to sign up before the class.
- Indigo Yoga Loft: Streaming live classes daily.
- Planet Fitness: Stream workouts throughout the day on Facebook Live. Also available: recorded workouts on YouTube page and on the website.
- The Health Club at Southpointe: Information posted about working out from home. There are a few videos, but it appears they are going to be starting more Facebook Live videos in the coming weeks.
- Cycletique: Both Facebook Live and YouTube videos of different classes.
- barr3 (Southpointe Town Center): Some classes free on Instagram Live, but other live classes and recorded classes you need to pay for.
Other local places are offering virtual memberships. Check out your local gym or studio for these options.